When you have narrow feet, finding shoes that fit right and look great can be a bit of a struggle. However, this guide to the best brands for narrow men’s shoes should give you some inspiration and help for your next shopping trip.
Understanding Shoe Sizes
Ever wonder what that letter next to your shoe size means? The number in your shoe size indicates the length of your foot, while the letter indicates the width. For men’s shoes, common letter designations are:
- Extra Narrow or Slim – 2A (AA)
- Narrow – B
- Average – D
- Wide – 2E (EE)
- Extra Wide – 4E (EEEE)
- Extra Extra Wide – 6E (EEEEEE)
Getting your feet professionally measured is the best way to ensure a proper fit. This should be done every year or two; the size of your feet can change due to aging and changes in your weight. In fact, many men find that their feet get wider as they age.
Casual Narrow Shoes for Men
For casual everyday shoes, consider the following:
- Birkenstocks: Narrow fit Birkenstocks are the perfect choice for casual days at the beach.
- Sperry: The original American brand of boat shoe designed in 1935, Sperry offers several narrow styles for men who desire a preppy yet casual shoe option. Slim options are also available in select styles.
- Sebago: You’ll find lace-up boat shoes and casual loafers in narrow styles from Sebago.
- Dunham: This brand’s casual shoe selection for men with narrow feet includes both slip on and lace up styles.
- Rockport: Offering both casual and business casual options, Rockport shoes are a readily available choice for men with narrow feet.
Athletic Narrow Shoes for Men
When you’re working out, proper fitting shoes are essential to preventing injury and keeping you comfortable. Check out the following brands for their selection of narrow men’s styles:
- New Balance: New Balance is the most popular brand of athletic shoe for men with narrow feet, but some styles may be too deep for those who also have shallow feet.
- Asics: Another brand that’s often recommended by podiatrists, Asics makes some of the shallowest shoes on the market for men with narrow feet.
- Brooks: Men with narrow feet often give this brand high marks for comfort, support, and style.
- Nike: Select Nike shoes are available in narrow widths, which use the same midsole and outsole as a regular width shoe but have less volume in the upper area.
- Saucony: Popular with many runners, Saucony offers multiple options for men with narrow feet.
Formal Narrow Shoes for Men
Men who need shoes for office wear or other formal occasions need to focus on fit as well as style. Options to consider include:
- Kenneth Cole: Classic dress styles with modern details, Kenneth Cole dress shoes are prefect for wearing to the office.
- Allen Edmonds: Conservatively styled Allen Edmonds dress shoes are sure to become a wardrobe staple. Select styles are available in extra narrow options.
- Florsheim: This brand offers ankle boots, oxfords, penny loafers, and tassel loafers in narrow widths.
- Johnston & Murphy: In business since 1850, this brand offers wingtip, cap toe, and moc toe dress styles for men with narrow feet.
- SAS: San Antonio Shoemakers offers both slim and narrow style options for dress shoes.
Shopping Online for Narrow Men’s Shoes
The best way to buy narrow shoes for men is to try them on in store, but websites with liberal return policies are a good alternative for those who are too busy to shop in person. For example:
- Zappos: Dividing its narrow selection in casual and dress shoe options, Zappos is convenient to search and offers free shipping with no order minimums.
- com: Providing a streamlined shopping experience, Shoes.com has narrow shoes in men’s sizes 5 to 20.
- Peltz Shoes: Offering free shipping on orders over $49, this site has search options for athletic shoes, boots, casual shoes, dress shoes, and sandals in narrow widths.
- Nordstrom: Offering dress, casual, and athletic shoes for men with narrow feet, Nordstrom’s selection includes all of the top brands you love.
- Macy’s: This department store has a section of its website devoted exclusively to men’s narrow shoes. You’ll find options for dress shoes, boots, casual shoes, and more.