Buying shoes for narrow feet can be a challenge. Many women find their feet slip right out of medium and wide width shoes, but finding narrow styles often requires visiting several different retailers. Use this guide to help streamline your shopping process and ensure the perfect fit for your narrow feet.
Getting the Perfect Fit
When you’re shopping for a new pair of shoes, finding the right size requires consideration of both the length and width. The number in a shoe size represents your foot length, while a letter is used to represent the width. For narrow women’s shoes, narrow widths are typically indicated with an A or AA notation next to the numerical size.
To ensure a proper fit, experts recommend getting your feet professionally measured at least once per year and double-checking measurements against a brand-specific size chart. Women often change shoe sizes due to factors such as pregnancy, weight loss or gain, and the natural aging process.
Casual Narrow Shoes for Women
- Söfft: These European designed shoes are characterized by their extra cushioning, which makes them ideal for when you plan to spend long periods of time on your feet and still want to be comfortable.
- Comfortiva: As the name suggests, Comfortiva shoes are designed to be as comfortable as going barefoot.
- Naturalizer: These shoes are known for being both comfortable and stylish. You’ll find flats, Mary Janes, clogs, sneakers, and more in narrow sizes
- Easy Spirit: Browse the selection of narrow shoes from Easy Spirit to find sandals, slip ons, and clogs for narrow feet.
- Vionic: From flip flops to Mary Janes, you’ll find a wide range of narrow shoe options from Vionic.
Athletic Narrow Shoes for Women
- Asics: If you’re a runner, Asics sneakers are widely recommended as being ideal for narrow feet.
- Nike: As a leader in the athletic shoe market, it’s not surprising that Nike continues to expand options for women with narrow feet.
- Brooks: Brooks athletic shoes are supportive, well-fitting, and available in a number of stylish colors.
- New Balance: For women who prefer walking or other low impact activities, New Balance has several narrow styles that offer the necessary support.
- Saucony: While not as well-known of a brand as the other names in the mainstream athletic shoe market, Saucony is a good choice if you want narrow shoes that are also very lightweight.
Formal Narrow Shoes for Women
- Stuart Weitzman: This designer carries many shoes for narrow feet, including stylish heels and flats for office wear, date night, or other formal occasions. Their shoes can be pricey, but are a worthwhile investment in your wardrobe if you choose a versatile neutral color.
- Cole Haan: Suitable for most formal occasions, Cole Haan’s narrow styles are slightly less expensive than similar Stuart Weitzman shoes.
- Amalfi by Rangoni: Favored by women willing to invest in styles for the office, this brand carries several narrow styles that are conservative but classic.
- Ros Hommerson: Ros Hommerson has formal styles in both slim and narrow sizes.
- Bella Vita: With many styles less than $50, Bella Vita is a great option for women who need narrow formal shoes but are on a limited budget.
Shopping Online for Narrow Women’s Shoes
If you prefer to shop online for narrow women’s shoes, consider the following options:
- Zappos: Search for narrow, slim, and super slim shoes in casual, dress, and athletic styles. Join Zappos rewards to earn expedited shipping and early access to sales.
- 6PM: Search for affordable narrow shoes and get free shipping on orders with two pairs or a value of over $50.
- Kohl’s: This department store website has a special section devoted to narrow shoes, with frequent sales and coupons to help you save money. You can return shoes that don’t fit to the nearest retail store, if desired.
- Famous Footwear: Shop for narrow shoes from brands like New Balance and Naturalizer, with free shipping on orders over $75 and convenient free in-store returns.
- Nordstrom: The Nordstrom website has a section devoted to slim, narrow, and super slim women’s shoes–including casual, athletic, and formal styles.